In April 2020, Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) merged with four other local borough CCGs (Barnet, Enfield, Camden, Haringey) to form NHS North Central London (NCL) CCG.
One of the NHS NCL CCG Islington Directorate's key roles is to work with local GPs, partners at Islington Council and experts in the community to decide which health problems need to be tackled as a priority in Islington.
These plans and discussions have helped the directorate to flag five broad topics that it believes are key health priorities for Islington:
- children and young people
- mental health
- frail and elderly people
- long-term conditions and cancer
- primary care services.
The CCG wants to:
- identify and reduce health inequalities
- ensure the affordability of healthcare for years to come
- improve the quality and safety of services
- work closely with partners so that the whole health care and social care system works together
- offer strong, sustainable clinical leadership
- encourage more patient involvement in making better health services.