Summary NCL Guidance and Update for Suspected Cancer Referrals
The North Central London (NCL) plan for cancer treatment during the Covid-19 outbreak has been set out in this letter to GPs. The letter details current cancer-service statuses that affect how GPs manage patients with suspected cancer. Regular updates regarding cancer and Covid-19 will be sent out in this format, as the clinical picture is rapidly progressing.
Key points are as follows:
- Providers are moving towards telephone triage services as a first appointment, so patients can be streamlined to a test directly and minimise interactions in the health service (see letter for more details).
- Providers are moving towards telephone triage services as a first appointment for Two Week Waits, so patients can be streamlined to a test directly and minimise interactions in the health service.
- The North Middlesex University Hospitals and University College London Hospitals multidisciplinary diagnostic centre sites are closed.
- Providers have requested that primary care stops most (urgent and non-urgent) direct access diagnostics requests
- The bowel and breast national screening programmes have paused in the short term. No new invitations will be sent to patients.