Through the Choice and Control Peer Coaching service, a person will be offered up to 10 hourly sessions with a peer coach to focus on what is important to them, how they want to improve their health and wellbeing, and assistance taking the first steps towards these goals.
A person is eligible for Choice and Control if they are:
- Registered with an Islington GP or a resident of Islington
- Over the age of 18.
Choice and Control Peer Coaching currently works with two client groups:
- People who have a severe mental illness and need support to engage with their health and wellbeing, including their GP health checks.
- Peope who have all of the following:
- A mental health diagnosis, or their physical health condition is impacting on their mental health
- A long term physical condition, which is something that cannot be cured but can be managed (e.g. diabetes or chronc obstructive pulmanary disorder)
- A social challenge that means they are struggling to manage one or more aspects of their day to day living*
*The person may already have support from Adult Social Care; this won't affect their Choice and Control eligibility.
Being eligibility for Choice and Control doesn't mean that a person meets the thresholds used by the council and Adult Social Care.
If unsure whether a client meets the inclusion criteria, please send a referral for review by the service.
Nurse Consultant - Primary Care
- t: 07970 1985 72
- e: Cerdic.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secure email: email@example.com
How to refer