25 March 2020: service update
To release clinical capacity for other tasks during the Covid-19 outbreak, changes have been implemented at I:HUB
- Pre-bookable appointments have ceased, leaving more capacity for on the day work
- All work is now coordinated out of one hub (Islington Central Medical Centre)
- All consultations and triage are now delivered by telephone
- We are doubling up our triage GPs at all times to facilitate greater call volumes and longer telephone consultations
- If it is deemed necessary for a patient to be seen face to face in I:HUB, the GP who triaged the patient is the one who sees them face to face to minimise the length of contact. These contacts are being scheduled for the end of the GP’s session
- I:HUB is supporting NHS 111. This means that some patients with symptoms that fit with suspected Covid-19 are being added to a dedicated call list and a nominated clinician supports these patients. Some of our QIST team GPs have been reassigned to assist with these 111 overflow calls.
I:HUB is a service run by Islington GPs offering future and same-day routine GP and nurse appointments every weekday evening (6.30pm-8pm) and all day on weekends and bank holidays (8am-10pm).
Any Islington NHS patient can get an appointment by simply phoning their own GP surgery to request one.
If the practice is open when the patient calls, they will speak to one of the usual receptionists. If closed, the call will be diverted to an I:HUB call handler who will help you with your needs or to 111 if out of extended access hours.
GPs and nurses have full access to medical records to provide the best possible care to Islington residents. I:HUB clinics offer the same service as usual GP practices in three Islington GP surgeries across the borough (hubs). The I:HUB clinician can see patient notes and the patient’s usual GP will get an immediate notification about any I:HUB consultation.
Islington patients can use I:HUB clinics for routine health problems, reviews (such as asthma, smears, diabetes), dressings, sexual & mental health, childhood & travel imms. I:HUB is unable to offer home visits. I:HUB clinics are open for future and same day appointments:
Hornsey Road (Andover Medical Centre)
Laycock Street (Islington Central Medical Centre)
Ritchie Street (Ritchie Street Medical Centre)
Any Islington NHS patient
How to refer
To book an appointment, patients should call their own GP surgery and ask for an I:HUB appointment.
Phone line hours: 8am-8pm, seven days a week