7 May 2020: The Royal Free London (RFL) NHS Foundation Trust has announced that it will only be accepting urgent paediatric referrals, during the Covid-19 outbreak. RFL asks that GPs submit a clinical advice and guidance (CAG) request via e-RS before sending a referral. A paediatrician will review the request and confirm that the patient requires an urgent appointment. If there is no visible CAG request in the patient’s UBRN history, the referral will be sent back. The trust aims to respond to all CAG requests within the nationally agreed two working days.
1 May 2020: Summary of changes to CYP services across North Central London
Providers of children and young people’s services across North Central London have introduced a number of temporary changes to physical and mental healthcare during the Covid-19 outbreak. This document dated 1 May 2020 provides an overview.
NHS healthcare providers in north central London working together are:
- Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH)
- Royal Free Hospitals
- North Middlesex University Hospital
- University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
- Whittington Health
- Central and North West London NHS Trust
- Barnet Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust
The temporary changes affect:
- Paediatric inpatient care
- Paediatric emergency services
- Paediatric ambulatory care (including Covid-19 positive patients)
- Children and young people’s mental health care
3 April 2020: Whittington Health has announced that it is restructuring its paediatric services, in response to the Covid-19 outbreak. All district general hospitals in North Central London will be closing their inpatient paediatric wards and patents will be moved to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). In addition some paediatric A&E departments will be closing to redeploy staff.
- GPs are asked not to send any patients directly to GOSH.
- All admissions to GOSH need to be via local pathways (see Whittington Health announcement).
- There is no paediatric A&E department at GOSH.
For a summary of the changes to services, see the full news story, for further details see the Whittington Health announcement.